This triple chocolate cheesecake is a decadent treat for every chocolate lover out there. Three kinds of chocolate combined with silky marscapone cheese make this a rich treat sure to satisfy even the most intense chocolate craving.
Yep, it’s Monday again and I have to tell you I have a huge case of the Mondays today that comes after a weekend spent curled up on the couch watching Hallmark Christmas movies. I love that they start the first weekend of November and even more I love that my hubs willingly watches them with me and even enjoys them. Did I find the perfect man for me or what?
But, now, it’s Monday. I put on real clothes after a solid 36 hours in my pjs today. By real clothes, I do mean yoga pants and a hoodie just fyi. But still, it was brutal. My couch is empty and mourning the loss of the two people and two dogs that piled onto it all day and hid underneath a pile of very warm and cozy blankets.
Not gonna lie- it’s kind of a bummer. I really liked my warm, cozy blankets and Hallmark movies. Thank goodness I made this doozie of a triple chocolate cheesecake over the weekend. This cheesecake is the perfect remedy for the Mondays. It’s decadent, rich, super chocolatey and delicious.
That’s just some of the good news. It’s gluten free and lower fat than regular chocolate cheesecake since it is made with fat free ricotta in the mix. Also the only refined sugar in the recipe comes from the chocolate chips and the chocolate Chex (and oh boy do I love Chex). You’d never know it though. This cheesecake is a chocolate lover’s dream and the perfect alternative for a holiday dessert for those out there that don’t like pumpkin everything like me. The hubs is requesting it be made for Thanksgiving.
I just may do that. After all, this is a man who watches Hallmark Christmas movies with my WILLINGLY. He deserves it.
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 cup (1 full container) of mascarpone cheese
- 1 4/5 cup (1 small container) of fat free ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 5 cups of Chocolate Chex
- 4-5 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- While the oven is heating up, pulse your 5 cups of Chex cereal in a food processor. Pulse until the cereal is in crumbs and and then add in the honey and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil at a time, continuing to pulse the food processor, until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Once it does, pour the mix out and press into a pie tin.
- Bake the crust at 350 for 6-8 minutes.
- While crust is baking, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. To melt the chocolate, put the chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave on low for 30 seconds. Remove the bowl, stir chocolate and microwave on low again for another 15 seconds. Remove bowl and stir the chocolate again. Repeat the process until the chocolate is smooth. Do not overcook the chocolate.
- Once chocolate is melted, combine the mascarpone, ricotta, eggs, vanilla, cocoa powder, honey and melted chocolate in a large bowl and beat with a hand held mixer until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the pie crust and bake in 350 degree oven for 45-55 minutes or until the top of the cheesecake springs back when touched.
If you like triple chocolate, check out these triple chocolate brownies:
Or these Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies:
If you like cheesecake: